Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On Using Raptivity


Raptivity is a tool for developing interactive learning objects quickly.

What I liked in general
-simplicity
-interaction options are numerous
-template layouts are not cluttered

What I did not like using pre-class trivia template

I could not:
-reorder questions if I changed my mind; it can be time intensive to retype new order of questions if items are many
-create a table of contents
-navigate; presentation is sequential
-set time for Answer display; I think the response flashed much too quickly, at times
-type all the information needed; had to abbreviate answers

Note: Using an evaluation version may limit one's appreciation of the robustness of a software package.

I think Raptivity is a worthwhile product, but the price tag would be prohibitive for a number of college campuses. For most, justifying investing in it or similar rapid e-learning tools could only be considered if high levels of usage are predetermined.

I will post the web link to my creative production on the next blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

excellent work Bessie! You pointed out things that you canNOT do with Raptivity = things that I had not even considered. Thank you for your hard work - it is most helpful.

Studymate is at least a more affordable option.