Thursday, May 17, 2007

Video Blog: Web 2.0 Apps and Support for Diverse Talents and Ways of Learning

My experience creating a video has been quite challenging mostly because I was not very familiar with the software packages that I needed to use. The most gruesome yet unaccomplished task for me was balancing video quality and size. One would assume that I would have learned a thing or two from all the early birds who finished this assignment days ago, but... The final product is not perfect, the background noise is annoying, and it looks as though in cyberspace, the quality that I thought I had finally attained was ...well...watch here. Although the original video was heavily edited out, I think I captured both the lighter and serious sides of what I wanted to show and say in the much shorter version.


Web 2.0 applications such as blogs, podcasts, vlogs and wikis, can be used creatively to support diverse talents and ways of learning. Whenever feasible, we should take advantage of the knowledge bases, instructional/learning strategies, and communication capabilities afforded by these applications. They may vicariously promote learning, and also give learners and instructors new avenues to explore, share, and acquire knowledge in innovative and exciting ways.

No comments: